Laura Paris teaches a weekly Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® class on Wednesdays 10-11 am PST, online on Zoom. Each class is recorded so if you miss one you can make it up. Registration is by the month, with four classes per month ($80).
The theme for July through December is Remodeling Shoulders and Ribs. This is a 6-month deep dive into remodeling the breath, movement, and function in your upper back, spine, underlying ribs, and shoulder architecture. Join Laura by the month ($80) or for the whole six months ($360).
- Month 1: July 6 – August 3 (NO CLASS JULY 20)
- Month 2: August 10 – August 31
- Month 3: September 7 – September 28
- Month 4: October 5 – October 26
- Month 5: November 2 – November 30 (NO CLASS NOVEMBER 23)
- Month 6: December 7 – December 28
About our Awareness Through Movement® (ATM) classes
These classes consist of slow and mindful movement sequences done on a padded surface on the floor, from the comfort of your own home. This approach lends itself well to an online format because you don’t need to watch or copy a teacher. Rather, you listen to gentle instructions and cues as you explore your own comfortable range of movement. You can even turn up your volume if you’re hard of hearing!
For these online classes, you need an area on the floor in your home where you can move comfortably. This can be on a carpet, blanket, or exercise mat. You need to position your device’s camera (computer, phone, tablet) so that your movement area is visible.
Why take an ATM class?
There are countless reasons and benefits, and these are our favorites:
- Meditation and mindfulness: A means to practice mindfulness through gentle movement explorations that deepen awareness of your body and breath.
- Pleasure: Movement lessons that interest your brain, open new neural pathways and bring about pleasurable sensations.
- Reduce stress, tension, and pain: The movement sequences and guided attention allow you to release habitual and even unconscious habits of muscular tension that do not serve you.
- Freedom of movement: Each lesson helps you discover new flexibility, grace, and alignment which carries through to all of your daily activities (including work, play, sitting, standing, and walking with ease).