You may want to know how to protect yourself from COVID19 infection, as well as what to do if you get sick. This is where my knowledge can be helpful, as immune support is my specialty. Lately, I’ve had the honor of helping people recover after weathering the virus.
Truth be told, the best way to avoid infection is to stay home and follow all guidelines of social distance. However, if you do get infected, as many of us will over time, there are things you can take to support your antiviral immune response. Some of these are best to have in your system before exposure, to be ready. These are PREVENTION supports – meaning they can help you prevent a severe response to this virus. Ideally, you want your immune system to be able to easily fight this virus with mild (or no) symptoms.
If you are exposed and have symptoms like a cough or fever, you can then increase doses of your prevention supports, plus add a few things that help eradicate the virus and reduce lung inflammation. These are SYMPTOMATIC supports.
care packages for healthy people
Unfortunately, most immune herbs and supplements are out of stock or on backorder. When they are in stock, shipping is slow. Folks have contacted me for immune consults when they are already sick, and we’ve been limited as to what is available.
To better help my patients and followers, I am physically stocking limited supplies in my home office, in order to provide immune care packages at the ready, via priority mail or local pickup. These packages are designed for healthy adults and teens.
At-risk populations may need more support, and I encourage you to book a 30-minute immune consult for specific recommendations. At-risk populations include:
- Active allergies or inflammation
- Prior respiratory condition
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure
prevention care package
We are doing our best to have this package in stock and ready to ship via priority mail. For local folks, a pickup in Aptos can be arranged.
This package includes everything a healthy adult or teen needs for optimal readiness.
symptomatic care package
We are doing our best to have this package in stock and ready to ship via priority mail or be at a local pickup spot in Aptos or Monterey.
These packages include everything a healthy adult or teen needs to mount an antiviral response.
More about prevention support
For a Th1 antiviral immune response, you need to keep your levels of Vitamins A, C and D, and the mineral zinc, at good levels. It’s safe to take these amounts daily, for several months. After that, check your blood levels if you continue. Blood levels should be in the upper quartile of the lab’s reference range.
- 5000-10,000 IU Vitamin D3.
- 5000-10,000 IU Vitamin A as palmitate.
- 30 mg of zinc.
- 3000+ mg vitamin C with flavonoids, in divided doses.
Additional immune support includes:
- Herbs to help your body mount a “Th1” antiviral response, at the ready – these are in Th1 Support 2-3 caps twice a day.
- Probiotic strains shown to help the respiratory system – like this HMF Intensive 1 per day.
- N-acetyl cysteine to increase glutathione levels. Glutathione is your body’s powerful antioxidant, and it’s essential for a Th1 response, as well as for quenching lung inflammation. 1 cap twice a day.
more about symptomatic support
When symptomatic, continue:
- Zinc, 30 mg, 3 caps a day up to 7 days.
- HMF Intensive 1 or more caps per day, or a handful per day of any probiotics you have.
- N-acetyl cysteine 1 cap twice a day to increase glutathione levels.
These at higher levels for most healthy people (in some cases higher levels, with consultation from your medical provider):
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D3 for up to 7 days.
- 25,000 IU Vitamin A as palmitate for up to 7 days.
- 1 tsp liposomal vitamin C, 4 times a day.
- The herbs that help your body mount a “Th1” antiviral response – Th1 Support 9 caps a day.
- Support for your Innate Immune system to make natural killer cells – Innate Immune Support 9 caps a day. THIS IS ON BACK ORDER SO WE ARE USING ASTRAGALUS AND REISHI MUSHROOMS WHILE WE ARE ABLE TO GET THEM, FOR THOSE THAT NEED EXTRA SUPPORT.
- With this virus, it’s important to reduce lung inflammation directly with added glutathione – Liposomal Glutathione, 3-4 doses per day.
- Gan Mao Ling antiviral tincture – AS WELL AS OTHER ANTIVIRAL HERBAL FORMULAS DEPENDING ON WHAT WE HAVE IN STOCK, AND YOUR PRESENTATION.
other helpful herbal antivirals
- Innate Immune Support
- Integrative Therapeutics EHB
- Orthomolecular’s Viracid
- Biobotanical Research Olivirex
There are others. Many of these are out of stock, unfortunately, but you can check at your local pharmacy, health food store, online, or in your own home stash.
I am happy to answer your questions below,