FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE FOR WOMEN
vibrant hormone health for women of all ages
Work with Laura online from the comfort of your home,
or in-person in Monterey, California.
Are you stuck with unresolved symptoms such as moodiness, low energy, poor sleep, painful or irregular periods, or difficulty conceiving?
You don’t have to accept these as “normal.” As a women’s endocrine health detective, Laura specializes in solving symptoms that tend to fall through the cracks in conventional medicine. She wisely and carefully selects the right tests that help determine underlying systemic root causes of your symptoms.
Do find that conventional medicine is simply not enough for you?
You are not alone! Women complain about the lack of satisfying solutions from conventional medicine. Dangerous synthetic hormones? Birth control pills? Antidepressants? Long waits and short appointments? A prescription for a symptom?
Laura fills in the gaps missing in conventional care, with a full integrative toolkit, and time to devote to your case. Best of all, while she tries to make you feel better right away, her main interest is in getting to the bottom of your symptoms. Like a puzzle, symptoms that seem unrelated and random are often connected by the same body system gone awry.
Conventional medicine hasn’t caught up with every other branch of science that recognizes interconnected, dynamic systems. Women are not separate parts, we are complex, dynamic, living systems!
For women, Laura seeks the answers to questions such as:
- Do you have nutrient deficiencies that are making you unwell?
- Is your adrenal/brain system off-line from excessive stress, past or present?
- Why are you having significant hot flashes and night sweats while your best friend is not?
- Are you heading toward pre-diabetes or insulin resistance?
- Do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for real, and if so what kind?
- Are you metabolizing estrogen safely?
- Do you have a thyroid problem and if so, is it autoimmune?
- What is causing your PMS and period pain?
- Why aren’t you getting pregnant?
- Why aren’t you losing weight when you are doing all the right things?
- What do you need to keep your autoimmune disease in remission?
- What’s causing your IBS, food intolerances, and bloating?
- Is your low energy due to adrenals, thyroid, or mitochondrial function?
- What is off in your lifestyle that contributes to your feeling unwell?
What can you expect from being Laura’s patient?
You can expect compassion, time, a deep level of care, and humor. Laura uses precise cutting-edge tests, a careful intake and interview, and her extensive clinical experience to customize your Health Plan. Each girl and woman is unique, so each goes through a different journey, and a different starting point, in Laura’s care. This is not a one-size-fits-all approach.
Laura only accepts new patients when she has ample time and space in her mind to think deeply about your care.
What is in a Health Plan?
- Custom therapeutic (time limited) supplement, herbal, hormonal plan
- Lifestyle coaching: diet, sleep, stress management, exercise/movement, support systems, and more
- Custom maintainance supplement, herbal, hormone plan
What about the lab tests?
Laura uses cutting-edge Functional Medicine lab tests to make precise assessments. Although some of these tests are self-pay, you save money in the long run by getting highly accurate information instead of guessing. She also uses blood tests typically covered by your insurance. Her top tests include:
C: BioHealth Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) Test (breath samples, home kit, self-pay).
D. Labcorp Functional Blood Chemistry (blood drawn at LabCorp, insurance or discount c0-op).
E. Great Plains Organic Acids (OAT) Test (urine, home kit, self-pay and insurance).
F. Great Plains Microbial Organic Acids (MOAT) Test, (urine, home kit, self-pay).
H. Cyrex Food Intolerance Panels (blood, lab or mobile phlebotomy visit, self-pay).
I. FIT Food Intolerance Panels (blood, lab or mobile phlebotomy visit, self-pay).
J. Quicksilver Metal Toxicity (blood, lab or mobile phlebotomist visit, self-pay).
Our office provides detailed instructions on how to complete and submit these lab kits. We only order labs with your prior approval. Laura is judicial about which labs are important for your case.
Questions? Contact Us
Women LOVE their Functional Medicine care! They report that they have never received such a thorough, personal, and comprehensive evaluation and plan for their health!