Are you interested in safe and effective herbal medicine or supplements for you and your family?
I got you covered!
I am a California board licensed herbalist who blends and prescribes custom formulas for women and their families. I am scrupulous about quality and safety. I am also a certified nutrition consultant and functional medicine practitioner. My training is to apply a personalized root-cause approach to herbal medicine and supplements with an emphasis on breaking free from patterns of disharmony. Therapeutic herbs and supplements are prescribed only for the duration of treating specific conditions and are updated regularly. Then you graduate to minimal maintenance.
Ongoing herbs or supplements should be minimal and targeted to your personal constitution – just what YOU need and nothing more!
Tired of self-diagnosing and treating from the internet?
Understandable! Internet marketers can prey on people who are eager for natural solutions, or desperate to feel better. It's easy to spend hours reading blogs and researching supplements, only to feel even more confused than before you started!
- You may see a smart person's suggested list of supplements and herbs for a certain condition, however not know which products from a long list are right for you.
- It may be unclear what will interact with current medications, what is safe, or what you can digest and absorb.
- You may not know which brands to trust – or which things are safe at low cost and which ingredients are worth paying more for.
- You can end up with poor quality ingredients, or worse, additives that aren't even listed.
There is so much to wade through when you visit Dr. Google or wander through the health food pharmacy.
Stop wasting your time and money and relax in the care of a licensed professional. Trust that your prescriptions are safe, natural, and free from side effects. It's my job to make sure they won't interact with your medications. And above all, the herbs and supplements I recommend are clean, strong, and fit your constitution.
How is this different from Functional medicine?
Functional medicine appointments delve deeply into solving the root causes of your health concerns with investigative labs and a comprehensive diet and lifestyle analysis. Herb/supplement consults are pared down to address simple issues that don't require labs or a comprehensive treatment plan. If you come for an herbal/supplement consult and would be well-served by a Functional medicine appointment, rest assured, I'll let you know! Here are examples of what herb/supplement consults can address in comparison to functional medicine consults:
Herb/supplement consults are good for:
- Sore throats, colds, viral infections
- Menstrual cramps and pain
- Preventing travel sickness
- Mild anxiety or depression, or stress
- Boosting your immune system
- Building adrenal resilience and energy
- Mild aches or pains
- Figuring out which multi, or which probiotic is best
- Support for occasional digestive complaints
- Testing and assessing basic vitamin and mineral needs
- Postpartum recovery
- Surgery protocols (before and after)
- Mild insomnia
Functional medicine appointments are good for:
- Significant or long-standing gut issues
- Endometriosis and fibroids
- PCOS, PMDD, or irregular cycles
- Histamine intolerance, mast cell activation
- Testing for heavy metals or chemical toxicity
- Insulin resistance, prediabetes, or diabetes
- Autoimmune conditions
- Chronic inflammation
- Adrenal fatigue (HPA-D)
- Mysterious weight gain or can't lose weight
- Brain fog or memory/cognitive decline
- Perimenopausal symptoms
- Longstanding sleep problems
These currently take place on Zoom video for public health and safety.
All visits include a written herbal and/or supplement protocol with a 10% discount if purchased from our shop. Includes design and preparation of custom herbal tinctures.
- NEW PATIENT $150, 30 min face-to-face
- RETURN $75, 15 min face-to-face