I am happy to provide the service of billing your insurance for you, but only if you first verify your coverage. This requires a phone call to your plan as the information is not provided online. Some plans I know; many plans I do not know. I list the ones I know below. Copayments are due at the time of service. If your insurance ends up not paying for any reason within 30 days, our office will notify you so that you can have 15 days to investigate. After 45 days I charge your credit card on file. I charge my cash fee, plus an additional $10 per claim for the extra work and the wait. I need to pay billers to do the work of billing insurance and investigating unpaid claims.
Here are the plans we know:
- MCSIG Anthem has full coverage.
- Cal Pers Anthem PPO has coverage with a copay after your $500 deductible.
- CHOMP employees have a copay of $110 initial/$60 followup.
- Salinas Valley Memorial employees have full coverage with a co-pay and need a doctor’s referral.
- Aspire plans have full coverage with a co-pay and need a doctor’s referral.
- Blue Shield plans likely have coverage for out of network acupuncture, and your plan reimburses you directly. Normally you pay at the time of service, we bill, and you receive the reimbursement directly.
- We are not able to bill Medicare and Tricare, because these are federal programs that don’t include acupuncture at this time.
- We are not able to bill Medi-Cal.
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS) employees have full and unlimited coverage.
With all other plans, these are the questions you will need to provide answers for on your intake form:
- Does my plan cover out of network acupuncture?
- Is coverage limited to certain conditions?
- Does a deductible apply? If so how much is the deductible? How much has been met?
- Is there a maximum dollar amount allowed per visit?
- Are there a maximum number of visits per year? Or per condition?