My passion is to help you glide through life transitions with health and vitality. I want you to feel good inside and out, and enjoy your life!
I do this through distance Functional TeleMedicine appointments from anywhere in the United States. I can also see you locally at my beautiful clinic in Monterey, California.
This year, in 2017, two colleagues and I are launching THE HEALTHY HORMONE PROJECT, to offer more resources and options for women everywhere. Sign up on my homepage to stay informed.
Like many of you, I’ve had my own life and health challenges, all of which influence my work. Here are some of the biggies:
- An autoimmune disease since age 33 (RA), now well controlled.
- Years of struggle with a parasitic infection, and later SIBO.
- Postpartum anxiety and depression in 2004.
- Inherited diabetic genetics, and had gestational diabetes in 2004.
- Parenting a vibrant special needs child.
I am a huge believer in we women supporting each other in community and care. My typical patients are women struggling with hormone-related problems, with symptoms ranging from annoying to debilitating, but not getting the right help.
It’s never too early or late to start! I work with women of all ages: puberty and adolescence, your reproductive years, perimenopause, menopause, and beyond. There are unique issues (both challenging and rewarding) that you face at each age.
Many women I work with have hormone imbalance AND an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune disease often hits during great times of hormone upheaval, as well as hugely stressful times. The healthier and calmer we are on a daily basis, the better equipped we will be to ride through stressful periods and big hormone changes.
My medical license is in Chinese Medicine, the earliest form of Functional Medicine. Read more about my credentials below.
Laura’s Credentials in a Nutshell
- Kalish Institute for Functional Medicine (current)
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), 2017
- Kresser Institute ADAPT Framework Level One Training, 2016
- Hawthorn University Nutrition Consultant Training, 2012
- Five Branches University, MS in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2004
- Feldenkrais Resources Professional Training Program, 1997
- Washington University, BA in Fine Arts and Gender Studies, 1987
Degrees / Licenses:
- California Acupuncture Board License
- Master’s Degree (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Fine Arts and Women’s Studies)
Authorizations / Certifications:
- Authorized Kresser Institute Trained Provider
- Certified Nutrition Consultant
- Certified Metabolic Typing Practitioner
- Feldenkrais® Practitioner
- Acupuncture Sports Medicine Certification
- Acupuncture Orthopedics Certification