My passion is to help you glide through the hormonal transitions in your life smoothly. I want you to feel healthy and empowered, and enjoy your life!
I do this through distance Functional TeleMedicine appointments from anywhere in the United States. I can also see you locally at my in Monterey or Aptos, California, where I also do acupuncture.
Our first program is The PCOS SOLUTION.
Like many of you, I’ve had my own life and health challenges, all of which influence my work. Here are some of the biggies:
- An autoimmune disease since age 33 (RA), now well controlled.
- Years of struggle with a parasitic infection, and later SIBO.
- Postpartum anxiety and depression in 2004.
- Inherited diabetic genetics, and had gestational diabetes in 2004.
- Parenting a vibrant special needs child.
I am a huge believer in we women supporting each other in community and care. My typical patients are women struggling with hormone-related problems, with symptoms that range from annoying to debilitating, and consistently not getting the right help.
It’s never too early or late to start! I work with women of all ages: puberty and adolescence, reproductive years, perimenopause, menopause, and beyond. There are unique issues (both challenging and rewarding) that you face at each age.
Many women I work with have hormone imbalance AND an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune disease often hits during great times of hormone upheaval, as well as hugely stressful times. The healthier and calmer we are on a daily basis, the better equipped we will be to ride through stressful periods and big hormone changes.
My medical license is in Chinese Medicine, the earliest form of Functional Medicine. Read more about my credentials below.
Laura’s Credentials in a Nutshell
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian Functional Endocrinology, 2018
- Kalish Institute for Functional Medicine, 2017-2018
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), 2017-current
- Kresser Institute ADAPT Framework Level One Training, 2015-2016
- Hawthorn University Nutrition Consultant Training, 2012
- Five Branches University, MS in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2000-2004
- Feldenkrais Resources Professional Training Program, 1993-1997
- Washington University, BA in Fine Arts and Gender Studies, 1983-1987
Degrees / Licenses:
- California Acupuncture Board License 2004
- Master’s Degree (Traditional Chinese Medicine) 2004
- Bachelor’s Degree (Fine Arts and Gender Studies) 1987
Authorizations / Certifications:
- Authorized Kresser Institute Trained Provider 2016
- Certified Nutrition Consultant 2012
- Certified Metabolic Typing Practitioner 2000
- Feldenkrais® Practitioner 1997
- Acupuncture Sports Medicine Certification 2004
- Acupuncture Orthopedics Certification 2004