A multi-vitamin/mineral supplement is more important than many people realize. Because of the state of the current food supply and the difficulty of consuming five servings of vegetables and fruits every day, few of us get all the nutrition that we need from food. Basic Nutrients 2/Day is a complete multi-vitamin/mineral formula that provides an excellent nutritional foundation to supplement a healthy diet. Per serving, it features 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 and 400 mcg of vitamin K (in K1 and K2 forms), plus mixed tocopherols, bioactive B vitamins, and amino acid-chelated minerals. Support for taking a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement (“multi”) is widespread. According to a 2013 survey of 12,000 individuals published in JAMA Internal Medicine, 32 percent of U.S. adults take a multi. The leading reason given was to improve overall health.*Groups who have a particular risk for a nutrient deficiency and who might benefit from a multi include teenagers, athletes, the elderly, individuals on a restrictive diet, those who have a chronic disease, and individuals taking medications that cause nutrient deficiencies as a side effect. A joint statement issued by the American College of Sports Medicine, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the Dietitians of Canada is particularly noteworthy for individuals involved in athletic activities: “Supplements may be required by athletes who restrict energy intakes, use severe weight loss practices, eliminate one or more food groups from their diet, or consume high-carbohydrate diets with low micronutrient density.” A good multi-vitamin/mineral supplement could be considered “dietary insurance” to be certain all essential nutrients are consumed daily. Even greater health benefits can be realized when a healthy diet is combined with a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement.
Servings Per Container: 30
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules daily in divided doses
Amount Per Serving:
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU from Mixed Carotenes and 2,000 IU as Palmitate) 5,000 IU
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 250 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) 2,000 IU
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) 20 IU
- Vitamin K (200 mcg as Vitamin K1 and 200 mcg as Vitamin K2) 400 mcg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 50 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 12 mg
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 80 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 20 mg
- Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid,
- Glucosamine Salt) 400 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 600 mcg
- Biotin 500 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 45 mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate) 30 mg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 75 mcg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate) 20 mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate) 15 mg
- Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 200 mcg
- Copper (as Copper (II) Bisglycinate Chelate) 750 mcg
- Manganese (as Manganese (II) Bisglycinate Chelate) 3 mg
- Chromium (as Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate) 400 mcg
- Molybdenum (as Molybdenum(II) Glycinate Chelate) 100 mcg
- d-Gamma Tocopherol(from Mixed Tocopherols) 24 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic Glycine) 2 mg
- Gamma tocopherol does not have a recognized IU equivalent
- Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
Caution: If pregnant, nursing, taking other nutritional supplements, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of the reach of children. This product was sealed for your protection. Do not use if outer neck/bottle seal is damaged or missing.
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.’s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.