This is one of the most innovative, cutting-edge, Functional Medicine stool tests on the market. It’s also priced very well, and the lab will bill your insurance for you.
What does the GI Map™ test?
With one easy small stool sample, the lab tests:
- Good bacteria levels
- Opportunistic bacteria overgrowth, including H.Pylori and virulence factors
- Pathogenic bacteria, including ones that trigger autoimmunity
- Parasites, including worms
- Candida and yeast
- Antibodies against gliadin, the protein in wheat that people tend to react to the most
- Intestinal antibody production
- Antibiotic resistant genes
- Intestinal immune and inflammation markers
- Pancreatic enzyme production
- Detoxification marker in the large intestine
- Blood in the stool
- Intestinal permeability (this test is now extra, not included)
To learn much more about this test, visit the lab’s website.