Trio Smart® SIBO Test
Results come with a report from the lab. If you want Dr. Laura’s input on your lab results, you can book a 30-minute “Review Your Labs for Nonpatients” appointment here under telemedicine after your results arrive.
Lab Company: Gemelli Biotech
Sample Type: Breath Samples
Collection Location: At Home
The Trio-Smart® breath test measures the levels of hydrogen, methane, and hydrogen sulfide to aid in the diagnosis of conditions like SIBO, IMO, and excess hydrogen sulfide. Trio-smart provides the complete profile of the primary fermented gases in the microbiome. In a recent study, it was determined that hydrogen is consumed to produce methane and hydrogen sulfide. trio-smart provides a complete picture of this complex interplay with measurements of hydrogen, methane and hydrogen sulfide. It is the only clinical breath test to measure hydrogen sulfide in addition to hydrogen and methane. In a recent study, subjects with elevated levels of hydrogen sulfide had the greatest diarrhea among subjects referred for testing. Patients with elevated hydrogen sulfide levels may have appeared “normal” on previous breath tests. Trio-smart measurement is precise and reliable. In a recent study, the device used for trio-smart testing was determined to be “at least equivalent to conventional breath testing for assessing bacterial overgrowth.” The trio-smart device had a detection sensitivity of ±0.1 ppm. Conventional breath testing has a detection sensitivity of ±2 ppm.
- You’ll need to follow a prep diet the day before, instructions will come with your kit.
- The test involves taking breath samples in the morning while fasting.
- You’ll need a focused morning to complete this test.
- Follow the instructions in your kit to collect and ship your sample.
- This test is prepaid, you do not need to add payment or insurance information with your kit.
- For video instruction on collecting your samples click HERE.
- For the PDF instructions on collecting your samples click HERE.
- Results should be released to our office 3-5 business days after samples are received at the lab. We cannot guarantee processing time.
- We will notify you by email when your results are in.
- Results come with a report from the lab. If you want Dr. Laura’s input on your lab results, you can book a 30-minute “Review Your Labs for Nonpatients” here, under Telemedicine after your results arrive.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.