Dear Women Everywhere,
I am Dr. Laura Paris, a certified functional medicine practitioner and nutrition consultant, and doctor of acupuncture and Chinese medicine. My passion is to help you solve health struggles that prevent you from living a happy and fulfilling life.
Do you have chronic, nagging, or even debilitating symptoms that have not been adequately explained or resolved by conventional medicine? That’s where I come in. Together we root out the underlying causes of your symptoms. We nail down which body systems have gone awry, in what ways, and how to get you back in balance.
For over 20 years I have worked with women who suffer from unexplained inflammation, gut issues, body pain, hormone imbalance, infertility, fatigue, weight gain, and many more problems that typically do not have an easy fix in conventional medicine. I commit to helping you regain health so you can enjoy your precious life!
How do I do this?
Individual functional medicine appointments in person or by Zoom video from anywhere in the United States.
Hands-on acupuncture, electrical stim, microcurrent, and glass fire cupping in person at my beautiful and serene clinic in Monterey California.
I have two clinic locations, on two sides of Monterey Bay on the California coast:
- 820 Bay Ave in Capitola (Santa Cruz County)
- 700 Cass St in downtown Monterey (Monterey County)
My history helps me understand you
Like you, I’ve had my own life and health challenges, all of which influence my work with you. For example, here are some of the biggies:
- An inflammatory autoimmune disease.
- A traumatic car accident.
- Gut issues: food intolerances and dysbiosis.
- Gestational diabetes.
- Postpartum anxiety and depression.
- Parenting a vibrant special needs child.
- All the major women’s transitions and struggles – periods, pregnancy, parenting, menopause, and me too!
Yes, I have a medical license. My doctorate is in acupuncture and Chinese medicine, which is the earliest form of functional medicine. In addition, I am a certified nutrition consultant, and I am educated in four different functional medicine educational programs. Many seminars, mentorships, and study groups round out my knowledge. To learn more about my credentials, please scroll down.
Work with me from anywhere in the United States. Or, see me locally in Capitola or Monterey, California. Request a complimentary discovery intake to learn more about my functional medicine consults.
- Coursework at Hormonal Health Institute, 2020-ongoing
- Coursework in Functional Mental Health with Dr. James Greenblatt, 2020
- Cogence® Functional Immunology 1 Year Mentorship with Dr. Sam Yanuck, 2019-ongoing
- Forum for Integrative Medicine, Complex Conditions, 2019
- Pacific College, Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, 2019
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian Functional Endocrinology, 2018
- Kalish Institute for Functional Medicine Mentorship, 2018
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), 2017-ongoing
- Kresser Institute ADAPT Framework Level One Training, 2015-2016
- Hawthorn University Nutrition Consultant Training, 2012
- Five Branches University, MS in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2000-2004
- Feldenkrais Resources Professional Training Program, 1993-1997
- Washington University, BA in Fine Arts and Gender Studies, 1983-1987
Degrees / Licenses:
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine 2019
- California Acupuncture Board License 2004
- Master’s Degree (Traditional Chinese Medicine) 2004
- Bachelor’s Degree (Fine Arts and Women’s Studies) 1987
- Kresser Institute ADAPT Functional Medicine Provider 2016
- Nutrition Consultant 2012
- Metabolic Typing Practitioner 2000
- Feldenkrais® Practitioner 1997
- Acupuncture Sports Medicine 2004
- Acupuncture Orthopedics 2004