My passion is to help you glide through the hormonal transitions in your life smoothly. I want you to feel healthy and empowered, and enjoy your life!
How do I do this?
Through individual Functional Medicine consultations from anywhere on the planet – all you need is internet or phone access. Or, see me in person in Monterey or Aptos, California, where you can benefit from acupuncture as well.
My history helps me understand and empathize with you
Like you, I’ve had my own life and health challenges, all of which influence my work with you. For example, here are some of the biggies:
- An autoimmune disease since age 33 (RA), which is fortunately now well controlled.
- Gut issues: food intolerances and dysbiosis (overgrowth of undesirable microbes and undergrowth of a robust microbiota).
- Postpartum anxiety and depression in 2004, resurfaced in 2011 with parenting struggles.
- Gestational diabetes in 2004, which altered my metabolism, plus strong family history of diabetes.
- Parenting a vibrant special needs child.
Hormones, hormones, hormones!
My typical patients are women struggling with hormone-related problems, with symptoms that range from annoying to debilitating. Women who want care that extends beyond (and is complementary to) their conventional medical care.
It’s never too early or late to start! I work with women of all ages: puberty and adolescence, reproductive years, perimenopause, menopause, and beyond. There are unique issues (both challenging and rewarding) that you face at each age.
Many women I work with have hormone imbalance AND an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune diseases are rampant among women, and often hit during great times of hormone upheaval, as well as hugely stressful times. If you are healthy and calm on a daily basis, then you are better equipped to ride through stressful periods and big hormone changes.
New online program for hormone imbalance!
To reach more women, my colleague Dr. Anita Sadaty (GYN) and I created an online program for women with PCOS and hormone imbalance, called the The PCOS SOLUTION.
This is a supportive, guided, interactive program to reverse hormone imbalance for life. It’s the first ever Functional Medicine program for PCOS, and it’s an affordable way to access Functional Medicine and a powerful support system.
What are my credentials?
My medical degree and licensure is in Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is the earliest form of Functional Medicine. To learn more about my credentials, please scroll down.
Work with me from anywhere on the planet. Or, see me locally in Monterey or Aptos, California.
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian Functional Endocrinology, 2018
- Kalish Institute for Functional Medicine, 2017-2018
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), 2017-current
- Kresser Institute ADAPT Framework Level One Training, 2015-2016
- Hawthorn University Nutrition Consultant Training, 2012
- Five Branches University, MS in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2000-2004
- Feldenkrais Resources Professional Training Program, 1993-1997
- Washington University, BA in Fine Arts and Gender Studies, 1983-1987
Degrees / Licenses:
- California Acupuncture Board License 2004
- Master’s Degree (Traditional Chinese Medicine) 2004
- Bachelor’s Degree (Fine Arts and Gender Studies) 1987
Authorizations / Certifications:
- Authorized Kresser Institute Trained Provider 2016
- Certified Nutrition Consultant 2012
- Certified Metabolic Typing Practitioner 2000
- Feldenkrais® Practitioner 1997
- Acupuncture Sports Medicine Certification 2004
- Acupuncture Orthopedics Certification 2004