This Fasting With Food program consists of three separate 5-day fasting-with-food plans. These plans are based on the work of longevity researcher Walter Longo, author of The Longevity Diet. All 3 plans are vegan, gluten and dairy-free. The plans contain nuts and seeds as the protein source, and that the 2 homemade versions are “Paleo” which means grains, beans, and dairy are eliminated.
Dr. Laura Paris utilized her extensive nutrition background to create this program for the sole purpose of those who wish to apply Dr. Longo’s research to the transformation of their health and metabolism.
The three different menus offered include:
- A 5-day Thai-inspired menu that is 100% “Paleo,” which means free of grains and legumes (includes nuts and seeds). The ingredients are exclusively homemade, with easy simple recipes. Any ingredients can be substituted on a case-by-case basis in the event of food sensitivities.
- A 5-day Mediterranean-inspired menu that is 100% “Paleo,” which means free of grains and legumes (includes nuts and seeds). The ingredients are exclusively homemade, with easy simple recipes. Any ingredients can be substituted on a case-by-case basis in the event of food sensitivities.
- A 5-day 50% packaged foods menu for those who prefer to cook less. This menu does include gluten-free grains and beans (includes nuts and seeds). All packaged products can be purchased online or from local markets.
What else does the program include?
- A full year of access to the online program, including updates.
- Each topic in this program includes a comment section, where you can share your experience and post questions for Dr. Laura Paris.
- Downloadable shopping lists.
- Daily downloadable menus for each 5-day fast.
- Suggested cooking schedules.
- Guidelines for what to do after you fast, and between rounds of fasting.
Why do this program?
The primary reasons people choose to do this program are to:
- Get a metabolism re-set for weight loss resistance.
- Potentially lower the metabolic markers: Total and LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, hemoglobin A-1C, and fasting glucose and insulin. This occurred for many participants during the beta trial of this program.
- Potentially lower inflammatory markers including CRP (C-reactive protein), and autoimmune antibodies, which occurred for those in our beta trial. These changes improve prediabetes and insulin resistance.
- Promote longevity through the application of therapeutic fasting.
- Get the benefits of fasting for five full days, without the risks and consequences of fasting for five days with no food or caloric intake. It’s doable!
- The cleansing effects of provoking autophagy for up to 5 days.
- To change habits of mindless unconscious or compulsive eating habits.
- Other benefits that Dr. Longo describes in The Longevity Diet, or that Dr. Jason Fung describes in The Complete Guide to Fasting.
To be clear, this Fasting With Food program does not include the actual food – you purchase this separately. Note that currently, all versions are not free of nightshade vegetables, however, any substitutions for these or other foods can be made at your own discretion. This is not a medically supervised program. We advise you to get permission from your medical provider to participate in a five-day program of limited calorie intake (under 1000 cal for four of the five days).